Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Blast from the (near) Past



So, here's a small picture of the logo trace I did for our first assignment in DMA101 (I don't really have any explanation for why the colours are so far off here...some sort of internal error to do with Blogger I suppose). Looking back, it's interesting to see how much we've learned in Illustrator over the past few months. I didn't at the time believe myself capable of doing that assignment, but I think we have all made some great progress with that program--and I've come to see that you can do some really amazing things with it.






This is the third of my 3D scenes, also done in Illustrator. I never quite got around to posting it...or rather, I didn't post it because I thought that most people would not see the humour I had intended in it. I guess that's essentially some form of self-censorship, which I tend to do often; in my sketchbook I erase my drawings when I am unhappy with their progress, when maybe I just need to start a new page.


The last three items are examples of word art created in Photoshop. I don't think I got them quite right, but it was still a good exercise to practice using filters and layer effects.



No comments: