Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Angel Lives


The title of this post probably seems pretty counter-intuitive, given that angels are...not among the living, but allow me to clarify. Over a year ago, in my New Media Tools class, everyone designed skate decks, and then made vector-art versions of them, which we printed. I did a design with a guitar on it, which turned out fairly well I guess, then had it printed and stuck it on a skate deck. I don't think the image ever worked when I uploaded it, so here it is again at left.

Anyhow, I had another design which I was really eager to work on, more so in fact than the guitar one. That was the angel design which is in one of my earlier posts. Since I really wanted to see it to completion, I worked on it from time to time when I had a free moment, usually quite sporadically; I finally finished it a few days back. This is the final result at left.

At any rate, I like how it turned out; it has more visual interest than the guitar one. But any feedback would be welcome...I will accept criticism and suggestions with good grace, I promise!