Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Toys -- Part Deux




I'm a little behind with the blogging. Nonetheless, I got the drawings of Little Red done on Monday, and as my dubious luck would have it, I may have to redo them; they just look a little wonky. If I were to summarize the problems, they would be as follows:

1) I think her eyes are too close together in the front view.

2) I wonder if I should have made the body uniformly gum drop-shaped instead of how I have done it (see profile drawing).
3) The profile just looks distinctly odd. Actually, I think I've succeeded in making 'Little Red Riding Hood' into 'Little Bit Creepy.'
4)The hood and cape are throwing things off somewhat. Until I decide whether they would be molded or made separately out of cloth, I can't accurately draw the pictures. Maybe I should get rid of the hood temporarily for this purpose, i.e. make it a separate entity. Maybe I'm just obsessing; who the hell knows? Anyhow, input would be appreciated, but I'm not sure it will be forthcoming, as I highly doubt anyone reads these regularly. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments: