Saturday, November 10, 2007

A cut-out Stewie, 3 Spider-Man posters and a somewhat sore back later...

I spent a great part of today at the Graphics Canada show at the International Centre (I know this doesn't quite relate to DMA179, but it was an experience). As it turned out, the show was more geared toward people involved in the physical end of the printing industry; a lot of the exhibitors were demonstrating equipment (of the huge expensive variety), while others were paper distributors or had some other connection to printed media. In that sense there wasn't much relevance to me because the creative portion of digital media wasn't represented.

Nonetheless, it was interesting to see the equipment used to make high-quality posters, signs, etc. (this also presented me with a chance to pick up a moderate amount of swag...hence the posters etc). Exhibitors such as HP used posters as an incentive for people to stand around watching the machines do their thing, which is why I found myself waiting 20 minutes to get a 4 x 5 glossy Spider-Man poster that I knew my brother would like. HP also had one big piece of equipment that looked like a HUGE desktop printer--I mean massive, as in, several people could have stood around comfortably inside it. I would have taken a photo, but I was weighed down with brochures etc. at that point.

On a more relevant note, here are a couple of drawings to do with my toy project...I think I mentioned them earlier but didn't get around to posting them. The first is my logo, which may not be complete yet...I'm stuck on this idea and I don't want to let it go. The other drawings are ideas for box art for Little Red, as well as an expansion idea for Hansel and Gretel toys.



No comments: